MoltenThought Logo
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

12.17.2005

The Iraqi Elections

I've been following the amazing events in Iraq, and all I can say is, "God bless the long-suffering Iraqi people."

7 or 8 years ago, my company paid for me to take French lessons at lunchtime. It was a refresher for me, but the chief draw was the instructor, and interesting and cultured Iraqi emigre. While waiting for the rest of our small class to assemble, he would patiently answer my questions about Iraq and his experiences there. He always hoped for the day when Hussein and his brood of vipers was gone, and even expressed his dream that one day his people might even be free, upon which he could return.

I've long since lost touch with him (that being 3 companies and 4 jobs ago) but I hope wherever he is he's reveling in this moment, and that he's got some harsh words for the French in their native tongue for trying to forestall it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home